"Welcome to Mutsaers"
a family business that has been making handmade leather goods for three generations, under the flag of Mutsaers Lederwaren. For over 55 years, we’ve been working on beautiful, authentic, and characterful leather products, with passion and experience. We still make every bag by hand in our workshop in Kaatsheuvel.
We believe quality is most important, so we have been working with our regular tannery in Italy for years. They provide us with the best and most beautiful Italian leather. The leather is tanned using plant extracts and finished with natural oils. We use this quality leather to make your own characteristic bag, with which you’ll distinguish yourself – in a positive way. Craftsmanship is our main priority: every bag is made by hand, in the Netherlands. Every day, our goal is to make you the perfect bag.
Personal contact is essential for us to be able to make you the perfect bag, so if you have any questions, please feel free to call, WhatsApp, or e-mail us. We are happy to help. And do you want to stay up to date on our latest developments?
Follow us on Instagram: Mutsaerstassen
And stay up to date via Facebook: Mutsaers Lederwarenfabriek
Below, we’ll guide you through the history of Mutsaers Lederwaren in eight funny facts:
- We only use the best of the best leather to create our bags: That is, the most beautiful and most flexible part, which also happens to smell the best.
- We always work with sustainable and eco-friendly leather from Italy.
- Mutsaers was founded in 1952, by Jan Mutsaers.
- Wim Mutsaers, the second generation of the family business, played soccer in RKC Waalwijk’s first team. Wim was goalkeeper, and made his own leather (Mutsaers) gloves.
- In the time trains were still running on time, all train drivers and conductors used to have a Mutsaers bag. Would one have to do with the other?
- We are the only leather manufacturer left in the Netherlands. We’re really proud about the fact we’ve never chosen for a cheap alternative abroad, with the result that we are able to guarantee quality.
- The third generation of the Mutsaers family is in charge of the brand since 2015, when Debbie Mutsaers took over the wheel from her father Wim.
- Queen Maxima was recently seen with a Mutsaers bag. Unfortunately, we can’t show these inspiring photos.
Naturally, we love to tell you more about Mutsaers and we are happy to help you with choosing your new bag. Also, you are always welcome to have a look at our workshop in Kaatsheuvel.
We are always happy to hear from you. If you have any questions, please feel free to call, WhatsApp, or e-mail us. We are happy to help and do our best to come back to you as soon as possible.
Contact about a new bag, workshop or personal order:
+31(0) 85-060 2358
+31 (0) 615501583
Contact about repairs.
+31 (0) 416 274 880
5171 PT Kaatsheuvel
With handmade greetings,
The Mutsaers Family